MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Cass + Syren Phone Call

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cass + Syren Phone Call
She held her breath as she ever so slowly closed the door. It latched with a slight snick, and she froze, waiting a few beats.

Nothing.

She tiptoes away down the hall, only letting loose a soft sigh when she reached the safety of her own bedroom.

Syren closes her eyes and absorbs the silence for long seconds. Such moments of peace were extraordinarily rare in the Wolfe household, never mind the very few stolen ones she had all to herself. With the baby finally down for a nap, Tristan at therapy, and Niahm off with her aunt Skye, she only had one destination in mind.

She glances at the bed...although a nap of her own did sound... No. She had been daydreaming of a bubble bath for weeks now, and she was going to grab this precious chance.

She sets the baby monitor on high and enters the bathroom, turning on the spigots and pouring a healthy dollop of lavender scented solution under the running water. She hands a silken robe nearby, gathers towels, and prepares to indulge.

She steps delicately into the steaming hot water, slowly submerging as the bubbles embrace her with their luscious scent. With a moan of contentment, she lays her head back, closing her eyes as the heat envelops her.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

One eye pops open as she stares balefully at her phone.

Of course.

She debates on ignoring it, but a quick glance at the screen has a small smile flickering over her face. She probably would have, if it were anybody else. She swipes a finger across and puts it on speaker.

Syren: Hello there love.

Cassandra: Well, hello doll. How are you and Trys? How’s that beautiful new addition?

She said trying to make small talk as she sat down at the kitchen table

Syren grinned as she trailed a fingertip in the water.

Syren: Ah, very well. He’s at therapy, he’s doing so much better... worlds away from last year. As for the little beast... She’s finally taking a nap, I’m telling you... this little one hates sleep. She’s going to be a handful and a half. How are you and everyone else?

Cassandra: Well, I’m not sure if you have seen the news. We just had a group of angry protesters muttering something about Danny again, outside our home. I don’t know where they are getting this garbage.

Syren: No, I haven’t.

She frowns as she slides her toes out of the water, noting how badly she needed a pedicure.

Syren: What were they saying? Are you all okay? They aren't doing anything physical are they?

Relieved that she is getting to Syren before the news does.

Cassandra: We are fine thankfully. They think we, have something to do with hiding Danny. Can you believe that?! We all know he was killed, we attended the funeral. They are just some conspiracy theorists I’m sure.

Syren: You know Cass, ever since the press conference this has confused me. What sort of evidence could they possibly have? And if he somehow WAS alive you wouldn’t be harboring him after everything that happened at One Night Stand.

She pauses.

Syren: Right?

BZZZZZZZ

Syrens phone buzzes as an incoming text pops in at the top.

RON ROYALTY: THE HWA INFINITY SITE HAS BEEN HACKED

She sits up sharply, water sloshing dangerously at the edges of the tub, silent with shock.(edited)

Cassandra: Hold up, did you just get that text..?? Shit…

Syren: I did yeah....

Her voice trails off as her fingers fly over the screen, going to the HWA website to see for herself. She keeps speaking as she does.

Syren: I can’t believe it, who would do such a thing... Especially after last year and...

She stops as her eyes land on the webpage.

Syren: Of course it has to do with him. Look Cass, I think you should check out the site yourself. All I have to say is, this is getting really old and I thought we laid it to rest with your brother. I was hoping life would get back to normal, without Danny Starr hanging over us and....

She expels a large sigh.

Syren: I gotta go. I hear the baby. Talk later.

She clicks off and drops the phone onto the bathmat, sinking down into the tub once more, her mind racing. So much for that peaceful moment.